Model scopes: in consultation
Prior to reviewing the draft model scopes of clinical practice, please click this link to read the Preamble and Explanatory Notes.
We would welcome your feedback on the following aspects of each draft model SoCP below:
- Core: Is the Core SoCP a reasonable description of the type of work that can reasonably be expected to be undertaken by all practitioners in the specialty? If not, what do you suggest?
- Specific: Does the Specific SoCP appropriately reflect procedures or practices which require specific credentialing for safe and effective performance, but which are within the practice of the relevant specialty? If not, what do you suggest?
- Useability: Do you expect the Core and Specific descriptions to be useful in a medical appointments and credentialing process? If not, what do you suggest?
- Potential Implications: Are there any foreseeable adverse implications which may arise from the description of the Core and Specific section of each model SoCP, for example, for workforce or operational matters? If so, please outline your concerns.
Comments can be directed to the State Scope of Clinical Practice Unit on firstname.lastname@example.org or tel (02) 9887 5674.
Drafts available for comment until Friday 26th July 2019:
- Draft Model SoCP for Dento-Maxillofacial Radiology
- Draft Model SoCP for Endodontics
- Draft Model SoCP for Forensic Odontology
- Draft Model SoCP for Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology
- Draft Model SoCP for Oral Surgery
- Draft Model SoCP for Orthodontics
- Draft Model SoCP for Paediatric Dentistry
- Draft Model SoCP for Periodontics
- Draft Model SoCP for Public Health Dentistry
- Draft Model SoCP for Special Needs Dentistry
Draft Model Scopes of Clinical Practice that are in development for medical specialties:
- Clinical Pharmacology
- General Surgery
- Paediatric Cardiology
Draft Model Scopes of Clinical Practice that are in development for dental specialties:
- Oral Medicine
Note that Oral and Maxollofacial Surgery has been completed and is listed under Medical and Surgical specialties.