Here are some simple steps you can take to keep your child’s feeding equipment in good working order.
- Parents / Carers should seek advice from their health professional regarding the cleaning, reuse and storage of feeding equipment at home.
- Check for any damage or leakage in you equipment daily and seek advice on replacement.
- If your child has a feeding pump, wipe down the surfaces of your feeding pump with a damp cloth. Remove any spilt formula or medications immediately.
- Seek advice from your health professional about how often your feeding pump needs to be serviced or replaced.
- If your child needs to go into hospital, you may need to take a supply of feeding containers/bags, giving sets, connecting tubes and possibly formula.
- It is important to be aware of your yearly product supply limits from EnableNSW. You should discuss any problems with supplies directly with EnableNSW or your health professional.
- Maintaining and caring for your child’s tube feeding equipment will keep it in good working order.