Cystic fibrosis services at The Children's Hospital at Westmead
Enquiries: (02) 9845 0719
Fax: (02) 9845 3396
Appointments: (02) 9845 2292 or (02) 9845 2525
Location: Suite 4, Ground floor, CHW Medical Centre
Children's Hospital at Westmead provides comprehensive inpatient and outpatient services to children and adolescents with cystic fibrosis in NSW. Services are provided by a multidisciplinary team, including physicians, clinical nurse consultants, dieticians, physiotherapists and social workers. The Children's Hospital at Westmead is also actively involved in cystic fibrosis research.
The service we provide includes:
- Inpatient services
- CF outpatient Treatment Centre
- New diagnosis education,ongoing management and support
- Outreach service including school and home visits, community liaison
- Weekly CF outpatient clinic - age related
- Clinical research
- Outpatient CF telephone service(office hours)provided by CNCs
- Facilitation of CF family support groups
- Education evenings for families
- Education of medical and allied health professionals providing care for CF patients.
With your support, we can help to improve the life of children with Cystic Fibrosis. Help us provide more staff, facilities, equipment, medication and research.
Research funding available now
Cystic fibrosis funding application form New or existing research projects are eligible. Closing date is extended until 5pm Friday 28 March 2018
Newly Diagnosed patients can be referred to the cystic fibrosis service by contacting the CF Clinical Nurse Consultant via the hospital switchboard in office hours on (02) 9845 0000.
Cystic Fibrosis Treatment Centre appointments are made by contacting the CF Clinical Nurse Consultant via the Hospital switchboard in office hours on (02) 9845 0000.
Clinic appointments can be made by existing patients by phoning (02) 9845 2292 or (02) 9845 2525.