Oral Health—Dental at The Children's Hospital at Westmead
- Phone: (02) 9845 2582
- Fax: (02) 9845 2566
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location: The Children's Hospital at Westmead, corner of Hainsworth and Hawkesbury Road. Access to the department is on level 2 (entry level)
The Children’s Hospital at Westmead Oral Health service provides specialist and emergency children’s dental services for eligible patients, as well as an inpatient consultative service.
We treat children who:
- have special needs, including children with medical conditions, syndromes, social or environmental deprivation/dislocation.
- have oro-facial anomalies or syndromes, including facial clefts, growth anomalies of teeth and associated structures.
- require specialist dental care under sedation or general anaesthesia emergency management of oro-facial trauma.
The Department operates as a hospital-based service to provide dental and surgical services to the emergency departments, inpatient units and speciality outpatient clinics. Registrars from the Westmead Centre for Oral Health (Westmead Dental Hospital) provide after-hours cover for our service.
- Caring for your child's teeth
- Tooth development
- What to do if a child knocks out their adult front tooth
Resources for children
See the photos of a visit to the hospital dentist. This can also be used to support children with autism or learning difficulties.
Referrals and appointments
Referrals can be made by a referring clinician or by a parent or carer who has a referral from a specialist.
Use the webform
Specialist Paediatric Dentists
- A/Prof Richard Widmer (Head of Department)
- Dr Sally Hibbert
Visiting Specialist Paediatric Dentists
- Dr Melissa Warren
- Dr Diane Tay
Visiting Specialist Orthodontists
- Dr Andrew McNaught
- Dr Julia Dando
- Dr Kit Chan
- Dr Winey Wan
- View a list of private specialist paediatric dentists in NSW and ACT. Updated May 2020.
- Find a dentist on the Australian Dental Association website. Filter by 'paediatric dentistry'.