Limb Management Service at Sydney Children's Hospital, Randwick
Appointments: 9382 1470
Referrals: via fax 9382 1461
Clinic: Outpatient Department, Level 0.
When: fortnightly on a Wednesday afternoon.
The Limb Management Clinic at Sydney Children’s Hospital, Randwick, (SCH) is for children and young people who have a congenital limb difference, limb malformation or amputation.
The Clinic offers information, assessment, management and support for children, young people and their families.
Multidisciplinary Medical and Allied Health staff work with children and families to address issues that arise with everyday living throughout a child’s growth and development.
Clinic and service details
The SCH Limb Management Clinic delivers a range of medical specialist services including:
- Artificial limb (prosthesis) prescription
- Advice about procedures that may be available to enhance a child’s function at different stages of growth and development
- Advise on the surgical options to promote and encourage mobility and functional efficiency
- Advise on the surgical options available to enhance the appearance and function of the upper limb
- Advice and management regarding genetic or hereditary implications for children, parents and future children
Allied Health services
Work in collaboration with the medical specialists to optimise a child’s physical development, emotional well being and ability to participate in life activities, including:
- Occupational Therapy
- Social Work
To make an appointment with the Limb Management Service you will need a referral.