Patient and family experience
We're here to improve your experience while you're staying with us in hospital.
We are always looking to improve your experience and have a number of projects in the early phases such as; community gardens, an update of all ward parent accommodation, sibling support program, improved facilities for bereaved families, increased use of patients and families in educational material and more language translation of posters and signage.
Here are some of the initiatives that have resulted from feedback from patients, parents and carers.
- Free Christmas lunch for families across both sites who are in hospital on Christmas Day
- Compulsory induction video, with real stories from real patients and families on what it's like to use our services, is played to every staff member on induction
- Ward and mental health service infrastructure upgrades
- Eftpos introduced to eateries and the volunteer shop at Westmead
- Improved lighting and signage in car parks at Randwick and Westmead
- New breastfeeding room in Outpatients at the Children’s Hospital Westmead
Can you help us improve the patient experience?
Email Bianca Pratt, Patient and Family Engagement Officer, or call her on (02) 9845 3442.