Research helps us discover the causes of illnesses, develop better treatments for children, and provide patients with early access to potential new treatments.
Our expert researchers are dedicated to improving the lives of children with cancer, bone diseases, genetic conditions, diabetes, infectious diseases, neuromuscular conditions, rare diseases, sleep disorders, and kidney and liver disease.
Our research involves:
- Lab-based discovery science and biomedical research
- Finding out which treatments are safe and effective through clinical research
- Translating research results into clinical practice.
Each year there are a number of clinical research activities undertaken across Sydney Children’s Hospitals Network.
Can my child participate?
If you are interested in having your child/young person participate in clinical trials or would like further information on the support provided by the Clinical Research Centres, contact:
- Sydney Children’s Hospital, Randwick – Nisha Berthon-Jones (02) 9382 1757
- The Children’s Hospital at Westmead – Amy Boland (02) 9845 3505
- Kids Cancer Centre at Sydney Children’s Hospital, Randwick
- The Children’s Hospital at Westmead Oncology (Cancer) Research
What if I am a clinician or other professional?
To find out more about research projects for clinicians or other professionals, please read more here.