Organising a fundraising event can be great fun and very rewarding. Whether you organise your event through your company, colleagues, friends, the community, school or club you can help raise funds for children in need and have fun at the same time. Each hospital within the Sydney Children's Hospitals Network raises funds to enhance the care and services available for sick children and their families.
You can find out more about fundraising for each hospital by visiting these sites:
- Bandaged Bear — raising funds for The Children's Hospital at Westmead
- Sydney Children's Hospital Foundation — raising funds for Sydney Children's Hospital, Randwick.
Where to start
- Follow the links above to contact our fundraising teams and register your event
- Receive an 'Authority To Fundraise'
- Set your goals and be realistic
- Get a committee together or enlist the help of friends, family and colleagues
- Allow plenty of time to plan and prepare
- Work out a time schedule with set dates for tasks and try to stick to it
- Keep expenses down by getting things donated or sponsored
- Increase the amount of money raising opportunities through additional activities such as raffles, auctions etc
- Let people know about your event - good publicity helps to raise more funds
- Take photographs at the event and send them to your local media
Potential fundraising events
Here are some of the events that our fundraisers have enjoyed organising, which might give you some ideas.
Through your company
- Dress down day
- Corporate golf day
- Corporate lawn bowls
- Head shave
- Business dinner/lunch with guest speaker
- Sale of products or merchandise with a percentage of proceeds being donated
- Sponsored run, walk etc.
- Staff party
In your community
- Local fun day or fair
- Community garage sale
- Trivia Night
- Gala Dinner or lunch
- Sporting club dinner
- Craft sale
- Sausage sizzle
At your school or college
- Prom night
- Mufti day
- Sponsored run, walk or goal-athon
- Christmas Concert