Leave a bequest
Leaving a legacy is an act of kindness that makes a long-lasting and positive impact on countless lives, well into the future.
Like more information?
By leaving a bequest gift to Sydney Children’s Hospitals Foundation in your Will, you can help fund ground-breaking research, plan the purchase of vital cutting-edge equipment and enable the Foundation to continue to provide for world-class health care for children.
Leaving a gift in your Will, no matter how large or small, is a powerful way to make a positive difference to the health and wellbeing of children far beyond your lifetime.
Types of gifts
- Residual – is the remainder of your estate after considering your loved ones and expenses have been deducted.
- Percentage gift: A percentage of either the residue or the entire estate such as 25% of the estate.
- Pecuniary – is a gift of a specific amount, such as $10,000.
- Asset or assets – can be property or shares.
Discussing your intentions to leave a bequest
It's always best to discuss the type of gift you intend to make with your family and solicitor prior to finalising your Will.
Here's an example of the type of wording to use in your Will for your solicitor.
“I give to the Sydney Children’s Hospitals Foundation, ABN 72 003 073 185, being for [insert name of hospital or service],
- The residue of my estate (or __% of the residue of my estate), or
- The whole of my estate (or __% of my estate), or
- The sum of $___,
- List of asset or assets.
for which the receipt of the Treasurer or another authorised officer shall be an absolute discharge.”
If you decide to proceed, the following wording is recommended as a guide. Please download one of the samples below for your solicitor.
- Leave a bequest to The Children's Hospital at Westmead
- Leave a bequest to Sydney Children's Hospital, Randwick
- Leave a bequest to Bear Cottage
- Leave a bequest to Newborn and pædiatric Emergency Transport Service (NETS)
- Leave a bequest to Kids Research
Sydney Children’s Hospitals Foundation (the Foundation) raises funds for the Sydney Children's Hospitals Network and is registered with the Australian Tax Office as a Health Promotion Charity with Item 1 Deductible Gift Recipient status.
Let us know
There is no obligation to notify us of your intended gift, however, we would be delighted to know! We can talk with you about how you'd like to direct your support and the future impact of your gift.
All correspondence is treated in confidence.