The Clinical Governance Unit brings together services responsible for driving continuous improvement across The Sydney Children's Hospitals Network to ensure the provision of excellence in child health care.
The Unit is guided by the SCHN Strategic Plan for Quality, Safety and Consumer Engagement.
In particular, the team is responsible for:
- Accreditation coordination
- Education and support for continuous improvement
- Patient safety and incident management
- Clinical review
- Clinical practice improvement
- Consumer participation
- Carer Support
- Clinical Indicators
- Suggestion Box feedback coordination
- Complaint management
- Policy, Procedure and Guideline coordination
- Quality award coordination
- Improvement and Safety Dashboard
In summary, the Clinical Governance Unit's role is to coordinate improvement efforts across all areas of the Network to ensure that we are providing the highest quality of care possible.
02 9845 3442
02 9845 1007
Westmead - Level 3, Children's Medical Centre
Randwick - Level 9, Bright Alliance Building
Sydney Children's Hospitals Network is engaged in enhancing and promoting equitable national healthcare and is a member of the Australian Healthcare & Hospitals Association.