This section provides practical tips and resources for your mental health and wellbeing during the Coronavirus pandemic.
Employee Assistance Program
Our Network's Employee Assistance Program services are free and available for you and your immediate family for confidential counselling support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This means that you, your partner or your children can access these services to discuss any worry or anxiety-related matters.
External Support Services
- 1800 RESPECT: Provides support if you, or someone you know, is experiencing sexual assault or domestic and family violence. Call 1800 737 732, 24 hours / 7 days a week | Web chat is also available
- Beyond Blue: Provides information and referral to relevant services for depression and anxiety related matters. Call 1300 224 636, 24 hours / 7 days a week | Web chat is also available, 3pm-12am, 7 days a week
- Black Dog Institute: World leader in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of mood disorders such as depression and bipolar disorder. Call (02) 9382 4530, 9am-5pm, Mon - Fri
- Headspace: Provides tailored and holistic mental health support to 12 - 25 year olds. Call (03) 9027 0100 | Online and group chats are also available
- Kids Helpline: Provides a confidential and anonymous 24/7 telephone and online counselling service specifically for young people aged 5 – 25. Call 1800 55 1800 or email email@example.com | Web chat is also available
- Lifeline: Provides 24-hour crisis support and suicide prevention services. Call 13 11 14 | SMS service is also available on 0477 13 11 14, 6pm-midnight, 7 days a week
- MensLine Australia: A dedicated telephone and online counselling service for men with emotional health and relationship concerns. Call 1300 78 99 78, 24 hours / 7 days a week | Web chat is also available
- PANDA: Supports individuals and families to recover from perinatal anxiety and depression. Call 1300 726 306, 9am-7.30pm, Mon - Fri
- Parent Line: A telephone counselling, information and referral service for parents and carers of children aged 0-18 who live in NSW. Call 1300 1300 52, 9am-9pm, Mon - Fri and 4pm-9pm on Sat and Sun
- ReachOut: Australia’s leading online mental health organisation for young people and their parents. Call (02) 8029 7777, 9am-5pm, Mon - Fri
- Relationships Australia: Leading provider of relationship support services for individuals, families and communities. Call 1300 364 277
- Suicide Call Back Service: Provides 24/7 immediate telephone counselling and support in a crisis. Call 1300 659 467 | Web chat is also available
- The NSW Government website provides health information and advice on COVID-19 for community and businesses in NSW
- Healthdirect hotline (if showing symptoms) – 1800 022 222
- National Coronavirus Health Information Line – 1800 020080
- Translation Services – 131 450 (available 24 hours, 7 days a week)
- For Westmead, chaplains are available over the phone between 8 am and 4 pm on 9845 3901 or 9845 3902 or you can visit them in the Chaplaincy Department which is located near the Quiet Room
- For Randwick, chaplains can be contacted on 9382 2093 between 9 am and 5 pm
- Ward visits and on-call chaplains in an emergency remain available – contact ward staff to arrange
Visit this page for staff information relating to COVID-19 or contact your line manager to discuss or escalate any concerns.
Otherwise, contact Workforce Services department on 9845 3547.