Vaccination is our best protection against COVID-19.
Vaccination bookings for children over 5 years of age
People aged five years and over can book a vaccination appointment through a general practitioner or an NSW Health vaccination centre.
To register for an appointment, members of the public should use the Australian Government’s COVID-19 Vaccine Eligibility Checker.
At NSW Health vaccination centres all people under 16 require parental consent and a parent or guardian to accompany them to the appointment.
Interval between COVID-19 vaccinations
ATAGI recommends an 8-week interval between dose one and dose two for Pfizer and Moderna for people aged 5 years and older, particularly for males aged 12 to 39 years.
COVID-19 vaccination post infection
It is now recommended that all people should wait for 3 months after a confirmed COVID-19 infection before they receive their next COVID-19 vaccine dose. The next scheduled dose should then be given as soon as possible after this period.
Information on where to get vaccinated in NSW can be found: Where and how to get your COVID-19 vaccination in NSW | NSW Government
- Watch our videos by leading vaccination experts answering questions about children and vaccination.
- Watch our video on how you can support and prepare your anxious or needle-phobic child for vaccination.
- Watch the Facebook live Q&A session on vaccination safety and vaccination efficacy in children (19 January 2022)
- Hear from other families who have chosen vaccination and why you should consider it too.
- Visit the Australian Government website for vaccine eligibility information for children.
- See the National Centre for Immunisation Research and Surveillance website for more information about children and vaccination.