Infectious diseases outbreaks like coronavirus (COVID-19) can cause a great deal of anxiety in the community. It is understandable to feel worried about the COVID-19 pandemic, especially if your child has a pre-existing health condition.
Feelings of unease are normal in this situation and for many families, this will be compounded by concerns for loved ones, social isolation and financial hardship.
Here are some resources for helping your children during the COVID-19 pandemic:
- See the age-appropriate resources on our Psychological Medicine page
- Read our story on managing COVID-19 anxiety
- Read our story about supporting siblings through COVID-19
- Ways to promote children's resilience to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Online tools for young people's wellbeing
- Parenting during COVID
- Parenting a child with a disability during COVID
- Parenting tips from the World Health Organization
- The importance of play during a crisis
- 'Hi. This is coronavirus' - a children's book