Patients Name: _________________________________
Goal of Splint: __ _______________________________
- Ensure that the splint is put on correctly and bandaged/strapped firmly in place.
- Do NOT alter the splint in any way.
- Do NOT leave the splint where it will get too hot as the material may soften and the splint may lose its shape (e.g. left in the car, near a heater or placed in hot water).
- The splint, straps and inner cloth sleeve (Stockinette/Tubigrip) can be hand washed with soap and lukewarm water and air dried. Use alcohol wipes to rub the inside of the splint to reduce odour and bacteria. Additional Stockinette or Tubigrip can be purchased from a chemist.
- If you observe swelling, or your child complains of numbness, excessive discomfort, increased pain or sores/red areas (that do not go away within 20 minutes of removing the splint) please contact your Therapist as the splint may require adjustment. In the event of an emergency or if this occurs out of hours, please contact your GP or attend your local Accident and Emergency.
- Exercise all nearby joints NOT immobilised by the splint.
- Keep the splint and arm clean and dry if you have a wound or wound dressing applied.
- The splint is to be worn as instructed by your therapist.
- Please bring the splint to each appointment.
Contact your Therapist if you have any concerns regarding the splint or wearing regime