Anaphylaxis Education Program NSW
Having a child with allergies can be confusing and stressful, so we have compiled useful, evidence-based information to help parents and families.
NSWAEP hold group information sessions for parents and carers and we can provide one-on-one education if these groups don’t suit your needs. Please contact us for more information.
We also help teens and young people navigate life with allergies. We believe that having food allergies should not stop anyone from living a full, adventurous life – the key is preparation and communication!
We provide face-to-face groups for early teens/tweens (grade 6 and 7) to help them navigate the transition from primary to high school.
- Register for an information session for parents and carers
- Register for a face-to-face group for teens and tweens
Learn with us
If you work in a school or in children's services, or are a medical practicioner or nurse, see our range of courses.
We also have compiled a range of resources for professionals.
Like more information?
Email us or call 9845 3501 during office hours.
Recent allergy update on ABC Television
On 12 february 2019, the ABC's Catalyst program aired an episode exploring recent scientific research on allergy and new treatments for sufferers that featured some of the work conducted in our allergy clinic.
Information for teens and young people
Allergy and Anaphylaxis Australia Inc.
- Visit their website
- Transitioning to school
- Travelling with allergies checklist
- Allergy management 13-18 years
Australian Society of Clinical Immunology and Allergy (ASCIA)
- Visit their website
- Information for patients, carers and consumers
- Guidelines for infant feeding
- Infant feeding information
- Dietary advice information sheets
- Anaphylaxis training for first-aid. Online and free
- Online registration for Epipens. This service will send reminders to email/mobile when the Epipen is due to expire.
Sydney Children's Hospitals Network departments
- Allergy and Immunology Department at The Children’s Hospital at Westmead
- Allergy and Immunology Department at Sydney Children’s Hospital, Randwick
Co-managers: Briony Tyquin and Margot Treloar
Clinical Lead: Dr Lara Ford
Clinical Nurse Specialists: Kylie Hollinshead and Kathryn Mulligan
Office manager: Rashelle Dunn