Haematology services at Sydney's Children's Hospital, Randwick
- Fax (02) 9382 1789
Outpatient clinic for new patients
- (02) 9382 1690
Outpatient clinic for known patients
- (02) 9382 1006
- (02) 9382 1009
Contact the Haematologist on-call via Switchboard on (02) 9382 1111 or refer directly to the Emergency Department.
The Haematology Department at Sydney Children’s Hospital, Randwick, provides a clinical, consultative and diagnostic service for children with non-malignant haematological conditions including but not limited to:
- Haemophilia and other bleeding disorders
- Thromboses and anticoagulation
- Haemoglobinopathies such as thalassaemia and sickle cell disease
- Haemolytic anaemia
- Immune thrombocytopenia
- Bone marrow failure
- Vascular malformations cared for in conjunction with paediatric, dermatology and surgical teams
The Haematology Department is part of the Kids Cancer Centre (KCC).
The department is comprised of a multidisciplinary team of medical, nursing, allied health and psychological staff.
Weekly multidisciplinary meetings between paediatric oncologists, haematologist, radiation oncologists, paediatric surgeons, radiologists, nuclear medicine physicians and pathologists ensures optimal care.
The clinic is located in C2 North on level 2 of Sydney Children’s Hospital, Randwick.
- Monday: 2 pm-5 pm (Dr Susan Russell, Dr Meredith Wiggins)
- Wednesday: 9:30 am-12:30 pm Dr Susan Russell; 2 pm-5 pm Professor Paul Monagle, Dr Susan Russell
- Thursday: 2 pm-5 pm (Dr Meredith Wiggins, Professor Paul Monagle)
Referrals and appointments
Please email new referrals to email@example.com or fax to (02) 9382 1789.
Please include in your referral:
- Referral on letterhead
- Address to haematologist by name
- Detailed assessment and all relevant test results
- Patient name, date of birth, gender, address
- Preferred contact person and number, language spoken at home and need for an interpreter
- Medicare card details
- Signature and contact details of referring doctor
- Provider number of consultant requesting referral
New referrals are triaged according to clinical priority and patients will be advised of their appointment through a phone call.
- Dr Susan Russell (Head of Haematology Service)
- Dr Meredith Wiggins
- Professor Paul Monagle
- Haematology Fellow Anna Cheng
- Grainne Dunne Haematology and Apheresis Clinical Nurse Consultant