Child development services (Tumbatin Developmental Services) at Sydney Children's Hospital, Randwick
The Tumbatin Developmental Clinic is located on the corner of Barker and Avoca Streets, Randwick.
Developmental Assessment Clinic:
- Ph: (02) 9382 8189/8191
- Fax: (02) 9382 8188
Learning Difficulties Clinic:
- Ph: (02) 9382 1296
Tumbatin Developmental Services is the developmental diagnosis and assessment unit of the Sydney Children's Hospital, Randwick and is located in the Sydney Children's Community Health Centre. The clinic works within a multidisciplinary team framework and includes paediatricians, social workers and clinical psychologists.
The clinic provides an assessment and diagnosis for children with suspected delays or disorders in development. The clinic also provides counselling, advice, information and support for families and children who have a developmental delay/disorder.
Referral and liasion with appropriate support and therapy agencies is offered.
The clinic is committed to best practice and evidence based medicine and therefore is engaged in teaching, training and research. It also conducts specialist clinics including the Prader-Willi Syndrome Clinic.
Diagnosis and assessment
The main role of the diagnosis and assessment service at Tumbatin Clinic is to:
- Establish if a disability is present
- Assess the nature and causes of the disorder including assessment for Autism Spectrum Disorders and medical investigation including genetics
- Determine the child’s strengths, difficulties and current and future needs
- Make recommendations for ways to help the child achieve their potential through intervention and support.
To make an appointment at the Tumbatin Clinic, you will need a referral.
An intake service offers information and receives referrals. All referrals go through an intake process prior to being accepted and require a GP referral if the child is in the local area.
Tumbatin Clinic is a tertiary referral clinic accepting paediatrician referrals for children out of area where no local service is available. If the referral is not suitable, advice is given on alternative services available for the family.
- Dr Vanessa Sarkozy, Director and Consultant Paediatrician
- Dr Carolyn Cottier, Developmental Paediatrician
- Dr Paul Hotton, Developmental Paediatrician
- Aneeta Kogekar, Clinical Psychologist
- Angela Miles, Clinical Psychologist
- Corinne Restuccia, Clinical Psychologist
- Sandra DeMarchi, Social Worker
- Lilly Fajnsilber, Social Worker
- Lesley Goulburn, Social Worker
- Helen Owen, 12 month locum