Eating disorders services at Sydney Children's Hospital, Randwick
Jo Titterton, Clinical Nurse Consultant, Sydney Children’s Hospital Network (SCHN)
Phone: (02) 9845 2446
The Network conducts the clinical program from Level 1, Sydney Children's Hospital, Randwick.
The Child and Adolescent Program for Eating Disorders provides care for patients from around the state.
The program is for patients who require care options in addition to previous inpatient or outpatient care.
The program can be delivered as a:
- Day program (4-12 week program)
- Intensive 2-week program
- Multifamily group 6-month program
For admission, the young person must:
- be 12-18 years of age
- have family support including participation in parent and multifamily groups, weekly family therapy sessions
- be enrolled in an education facility
- have been unwell for > 12 months, or
- had previous medication or other intervention that was not sufficient, or
- have had a previous inpatient stay > 4-6 weeks in a hospital or centre