Diabetes and endocrinology at Sydney Children's Hospital, Randwick
Appointments and enquiries
- Ph. (02) 9382 1456
- Fax. (02) 9382 1787
- Email: SCHN-SCH-EndoGeneralRdwk@health.nsw.gov.au
Endocrinology and diabetes clinics are run through Sydney Children's Hospital Outpatients Department, level 0.
The Endocrine service at SCH provides inpatient and outpatient consultation and management services for children and adolescents in Sydney and NSW.
We offer consultation and management of diabetes and the broad range of endocrine disorders, including bone and calcium abnormalities, disorders of growth and puberty, adrenal disorders, disorders of sex development, hypothalamic-pituitary abnormalities, thyroid disorders, and hypoglycaemia.
Our service includes a full range of outpatient, inpatient, day-stay, endocrine testing, and after-hours on-call support for our inpatients and outpatients.
The team run separate clinics for diabetes and other endocrine issues. The diabetes clinics are structured such that a patient who is progressing well will be seen at clinic four times per year (every three months). At two of these visits patients will see the endocrinologist and at the other two visits patients will see either the diabetes educator or the dietitian. A diabetes social worker and psychologist as also available, as needed.
- Dr Kristen Neville
- A/Prof Charles Verge
- Dr Jan Walker
- Dr Helen Woodhead
- Dr Shihab Hameed
- Dr Ohn Nyunt
- To make an appointment you will need a referral addressed to one of our endocrinologists by name.
- Please FAX the referral to (02) 9382 1787 (or mail to Endocrinology, Level 4, Emergency Wing, Sydney Children’s Hospital, High Street, Randwick NSW 2031).
- All new referrals are assessed for level of urgency, and to determine whether they are appropriate for our clinic. For non-urgent problems there may be a waiting period before we can see you child in clinic.
- Medicare rules dictate that referrals from a GP are valid for 12 months, unless they include the words “indefinite referral.” Referrals from another specialist are valid for only 3 months.