COVID-19 resources for parents
- A short video for tips for parents with children
- Tips for coping with coronavirus anxiety
- Supporting young children in isolation
- Helping parents to cope with kids in home isolation
- Tips for Self-care and Families
- How to Keep Kids Busy When They're Stuck at Home
- Audiobooks for children free of charge for streaming: Audible
For children with special needs
- Paediatrics online
- Pediatrics online has a range of links to social stories for children and educational resources for children with special needs.
COVID-19 resources for teens and young adults
If you’d like to learn to meditate there are lots of websites and apps. Here are a few apps available on Apple and Android:
Climate change anxiety resources
- Australian Psychology Society: A guide for parents about the climate crisis
- Kids HelpLine: I'm worried about the environment
- Climate psychologists: Managing Climate anxiety and eco-emotions for parents
Anxiety and depression resources
Online therapy websites
- Emerging minds: Resources for parents and caregivers
- Brave: for anxiety for children of all ages
- This Way Up: for adults experiencing anxiety or depression
- Head to Health is a health website that can signpost to further online therapy and resources for a range of mental health issues.
If you need to speak to someone
What is psychology?
Psychology is the scientific study of behaviour and mental function. Psychologists explore concepts such as perception, cognition, attention, emotion, personality, behaviour and relationships.
For more information, please see Mental health services.