Dermatology services at The Children's Hospital at Westmead
- Appointments: (02) 9845 2525
- All other enquiries: Dr Li-Chuen, Head of Department, phone (02) 9845 0000 and page 6710.
- Location: Outpatients building, level 2
The Department of Dermatology at The Children's Hospital at Westmead provides:
- several weekly general dermatology clinics
- a vascular birthmarks multidisciplinary consultative clinic once every three months
- psoriasis and eczema outpatient education and treatment centre in Turner Day Stay Ward
- a severe eczema clinic once a month
- vascular laser service in the Day Surgery Unit
- Hospital in the Home (HIH) for wet dressings, quarterly combined skin/genetics clinic, as well as a quarterly skin/scleroderma clinic run with the rheumatology department.
Level 2 Medical & Surgical Outpatients and Bandaged Bear Clinics
Ph: (02) 9845 2525
Dr Peter Hogan - Wednesday AM
Method of referring
Referring letter from local GP or another specialist, to the doctor by name.
Function of the clinic
Management of all skin problems (except for atopic dermatitis; patients with atopic dermatitis should be referred to one of the consultants above in their private office or to a local dermatologist in their private office) and any disease of the nails, hair or mucous membranes.
Ph: (02) 9845 0000 and have dermatology registrar paged.
Special interests or
Vascular clinic (co-ordinator Dr Hogan) - please contact Dr Hogan regarding any prospective patients, phone: (02) 9845 0000.
How to make an appointment
For outpatients clinic, phone outpatients reception on (02) 9845 2525.
For the Vascular Clinic, Psoriasis and Eczema Outpatient Education and Treatment Centre, and laser service, referral must be initially to one of the dermatologists.
Most patients with skin conditions stay on Turner Ward within the Hospital.
Dr Peter Hogan: VMO
Dr Li-Chuen Wong: Head of Department
Dr Nelly Jang: laser dermatologists (VMO)
Dr Renae Howes: laser dermatologists (VMO)
Dr Ànne O'Neill: VMO (Laser service)