Bear Cottage provides support, respite and end of life care for children with life-limiting illnesses and their families.
- General enquiries: 9976 8300
- Clinical enquiries: 9976 8301
- After hours clinical enquiries: 9976 8309
- See full contact details
Visit the Bear Cottage website.
What clinical services does Bear Cottage offer?
Although Bear Cottage is owned and operated by The Children's Hospital at Westmead, its services are available to eligible families from anywhere in NSW. Patient care at Bear Cottage includes:
- Symptom and/or pain management
- Making the most of the time a child and family have together
- Empowering and supporting the children's families in decision making processes
- Ensuring the child and family are linked into the services and resources they need including ongoing counselling and bereavement support.
Bear Cottage is the only children's hospice in NSW and the first children's hospice in the world to be attached to a paediatric hospital. As a result, we are able to provide high quality medical care for many complex illnesses in a home-like atmosphere.