What to pack
Wondering what you should bring with you when you come to hospital?
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- PJs, a dressing gown and some slippers or slip-on shoes
- comfortable clothes, including a jacket or jumper (even if it’s summer)
- your toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, hairbrush and other toiletries
- your favourite music on your iPod and your headphones (don’t bring anything too valuable in case it gets lost)
- smartphone, tablet, laptop or any WiFi-enabled device to help you stay connected and entertained during your visit - Please make sure you ask a parent or guardian for assistance when connecting to our WiF
- you might like to bring your favourite pillowcase or blanket to make you feel at home
- a cup or drink bottle to drink from while you are here
- you will also need to bring some school work if you are staying for longer than a week — you will go to school in hospital or the school teachers will come to your bedside.
- books, puzzles, colouring-in or drawing paper and pencils to keep you busy
- your favourite cuddly toy