Hospital support for parent and carers
We're here for you. Check out our support services for parents and carers.
We want to hear from you!
We would like to be able to share your stories, experience and knowledge. If you have something to say, we're listening.
Parent and Carer Resource Centre at The Children's Hospital at Westmead
The Parent and Carer Resource Centre provides a non-clinical, homely environment where parents and carers can take a break. Designed by parents for parents, the Centre provides:
A peaceful place to relax
- tea and coffee facilities and microwave
- a book exchange
- Magazines and other reading materials
Someone to chat with
- There are friendly volunteers and other parents to talk to if you're in the mood.
- We can also provide information about carer services.
Computers with internet
- We offer Internet access to parents and carers using either their laptop or the computers in the Parent and Carer Resource Centre.
- Please present a driver's licence or passport as identification each time when registering to use the internet in the Centre.
- The internet access is only available at times when the Centre is staffed by a volunteer, usually, 10am - 8pm weekdays and 10am - 2pm Saturdays and Sundays.
Activities for parents and carers
Our Carer Wellness Program provides parents and carers with reflexology, massage and Meditation. All our therapists are volunteers and are fully qualified and insured, so you'll be in good hands.
Activities are free and are held onsite at the hospital. Some activities require an appointment time, so drop in to see us and we'll organise one for you.
Occasionally, the activity schedule will vary according to volunteer availability, but if you need more information call 9845 3590, 9845 0580 or email the team.
Take a look at this Month's schedule
We are located level 2 of the hospital, just around the corner from the Chemist and opposite the KidsHealth bookshop.
Our hours are: Subject to change due to volunteer availability
- Monday to Friday 9am to 8pm
- Saturdays 10am to 6pm
- Sundays 10am to 2pm.
Contact us by:
- giving us a call on (02) 9845 0580
- emailing us, or
- talk to a volunteer in the Parent and Carer Resource Centre.
Parent and carer support at Sydney Children's Hospital, Randwick
At the Sydney Children’s Hospital Randwick we have a dedicated space for you to sit down and take some time out from the ward. The room is right next to Sunny’s Café on the ground floor and has brand new couches for your comfort. You will also find handy information brochures and there is a television should you wish to watch it.
Often you will meet other parents and carers in the room so it can be a great space to have a conversation, or just somewhere to enjoy your own company.