We're looking for artists
Are you artistic, innovative and keen to contribute to Westmead's new hospital building? Then we want you!
The Westmead Redevelopment project, in partnership with Western Sydney Local Health District, The Children’s Hospital at Westmead and the University of Sydney, has created an Arts and Culture strategy for the new hospital building and spaces.
The project team is now seeking expressions of interest from artists to be part of its exciting arts and culture program. Interested artists will become part of an arts directory and may be contacted for various arts commissions, currently planned for the new hospital building and some refurbished spaces.
Expressions of interest are invited for:
- Community arts
- Mixed media
- New media
- Aboriginal art
- Emerging artists - training and mentorship
What you need
We are looking for artists who can create inspiring works that help patients, visitors, families, staff, students and the wider community feel welcome, safe and connected in our new hospital building and spaces.
Artists working on the Westmead Redevelopment arts and culture program must:
- Have significant experience in public arts and demonstrated ability to manage complex projects
- Be creative and innovative, and produce quality work
- Be able to collaborate and be part of a team
- Produce work that demonstrates sensitivity to the new hospital building’s ambience
- Be able to comply with strict deadlines and budgets
How to apply
Artists wanting to be part of the directory should send a two-page CV and images of their work by 15 July 2018 by:
Post: Westmead Redevelopment project, Artist EOI, PO Box 4048 RNSH Reserve Road, St Leonards NSW 2065
Download the poster which contains the Expression of Interest information.
Find out more about the Westmead Redevelopment project's Arts and Culture Strategy.