Excellence recognised in annual Quality & Innovation Awards
Surgeons, allied health teams, nurses, administration, specialists and partners in health were recognised on Friday for their work in raising the bar for children’s healthcare.
The SCHN Quality and Innovation Awards, held annually since 2013, recognise outstanding innovation and excellence in healthcare provided for children across NSW.
Congratulations to all the teams across our Network acknowledged for their innovative projects aimed at improving health outcomes for children across NSW and recognised for their incredible dedication to improving children's healthcare.
See the 2023 Award winners below.
Chief Executive's Award for Safety and Quality - the EPOCH Innovation
- Team members: Shefali Jani, Deepali Thosar, Julia Starte, Nadine Shaw, Amie Donnelly, Maricel Mariano, Zachary Macpherson
Clinical Governance Award - A new era for major spine surgery
- Team members:Renee Burton, Gaynor Bennett, Catriona McLean, Kassandra Cannons, Alice Goldsmith
Partnering with Consumers Award - virtualKIDS acute review (VKAR) - supporting acutely unwell children at home via telehealth
- Team members: Nicole Armitage, Jagdev Singh, Emily Chapman, Stefanie Reinmueller, Mazhar Shabeena, Amie Donnelly
Preventing & Controlling Healthcare-Associated Infection Award - Quiet pathway COVID vaccination clinic
- Team members: Lindsay Meltz, Jessica Renwick, Emma Coombes, Hayleigh Sheahan, Deidre Brogan, Brendan McMullan, Janet Burke
Medication Safety Award - On the subject of tone "I wasn't sure whether to start of not"
- Team members: Penelope Ingle, Johnny Leung, Susanna Cahill, Anna Ward, Rebecca O’Donnell
Comprehensive Care Award - Joint Winners
- Up and at 'Em - Early Mobility in the PICU
- Team members: Kate Thompson, Elena Cavazzoni, Joanna Reid, Michelle Williams, Karyn Paull
- Let's get Physical - Establishing an Early Mobility Program in the Children's Intensive Care Unit
- Team members: Charlotte Kelly, Aoife Hyland, Vicky Smith, Kate O’Shea, Melani Suriyarachchi, Puneet Singh, Mary Lou Morritt, Ayesha Delaney, Emily Jeuniewic, Michelle Hughes, Claire Collins
Communicating for Safety Award - CARE-DOTS
- Team members: Christine Lau, Bhavesh Mehta, Miranda Agyemang, Melissa Perumal, Georgina Mata, Stephen Brancatisano, Susie Kwon
Recognising and Responding to Acute Deterioration Award - The Great Adrenaline Rush
- Team member: Melissa Hewitt
Health Research and Innovation Award - HAC Little People Big Difference
- Team members: Sarah Donnelly, Bec Barton, Laurel Mimmo, Kellie Crameri