Train the trainer: RAMOAP
RAMOAP has been developed by the NSW Anaphylaxis Education Program in conjunction with the NSW Department of Education.
Email us or call 9845 3501 during office hours.
Recognition and Management of Anaphylaxis Program (RAMOAP) is a short, practical skills-based session that NSW government school staff are required to complete annually, complementing the Department’s mandatory ‘Anaphylaxis e-learning’ course which school staff complete every two years.
Trainers employed by Registered Training Organisations awarded a position on the NSW Department of Education panel of approved first aid training providers are invited to enrol in the RAMOAP “Train the Trainer” course.
The NSW Anaphylaxis Education Program is the sole provider of this course, and successful completion of this one-day competency-based course is mandatory and the final course before trainers can deliver the RAMOAP sessions in NSW Department of Education schools.
All our educators are registered nurses with post-graduate qualifications in allergy nursing and clinical experience in paediatric allergy. They also have extensive experience in the provision of anaphylaxis education. Our educators take part in ongoing professional development within the allergy department and through the Australasian Society of Clinical Immunology and Allergy (ASCIA) The NSW Anaphylaxis Education Program has been providing Anaphylaxis education to the education sectors in NSW for over 10 years.
The aim of this course is to enable RTO trainers to:
- Learn to deliver the “Recognition and Management of Anaphylaxis Program” (RAMOAP) to NSW Department of Education staff.
- Recognise and identify signs and symptoms of an allergic reaction.
- Follow the ASCIA Action Plan for Anaphylaxis
- Administer an adrenaline auto-injector (EpiPen)
- To be eligible to attend the course, participants will need:
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment
- A current First Aid qualification
- To have completed the ASCIA e-learning module
- To have pre-read the Department of Education https://education.nsw.gov.au/student-wellbeing/health-and-physical-care/health-care-procedures/conditions/anaphylaxis/anaphylaxis-procedures-for-schools2
- Please ensure that you are listed on your RTO's list of approved trainers before enrolling to attend a session
2021 Course availability
All our courses are currently full. New dates will be available soon.
To be eligible for accreditation as a RAMOAP trainer, participants will need to adequately complete assessment tasks, which will include competently delivering modules of the training course and answering multiple-choice questions.
The course has been modified due to COVID-19 restrictions.
Currently, we are running face to face full-day sessions but will monitor the COVID situation closely and will revert back to a mix of a half day zoom course and an individual assessment either the same day or booked with the trainer at a later date if necessary
Numbers will be limited and all pre-course requirements MUST be lodged with The Department of Education through your RTO manager prior to booking to prevent delays.
This session will be for RTO's on the current tender only due to the delay in the letters being sent to the new successful RTO's. More dates will be added as soon as we are notified of the letters being sent out.
- Course Duration: approximately 8 hours
- Issuing of Certificates: a Certificate of Attainment will be issued on successful course completion of the course and assessment. This certificate is valid for 2 years.
- Course Fee: $420 plus GST per person
- Venue: Bankwest Stadium, O'Connell St, Parramatta