Discovering the Heart workshop
To keep our patients safe, we have cancelled this event in line with COVID-19 advice.
If you have registered you will receive a refund.
For more information:
- When: Tuesday 31 March 2020
- Where: Lorimer Dods Lecture Theatre, level four, The Children’s Hospital at Westmead, Corner Hawkesbury Road and Hainsworth Street, Westmead
- Cost: $100. Internal SCHN staff are free. Registration includes morning tea and lunch.
Designed for nurses and allied health professionals working in paediatric settings who may care for an infant or child with congenital or acquired heart disease.
Participants will improve their knowledge of cardiac conditions and their management.
Topics covered in this year's workshop include:
- Heart failure
- Common congenital cardiac defects, congestive cardiac failure and acquired cardiac conditions (including medical and surgical management)
- Basic ECG interpretation (including the cardiac conduction system and recognition of abnormal rhythms)
- Cardiothoracic surgical nursing
- Principles of cardiac output
Here is some information to help you find your way to the Hospital. We recommend using public transport as Hawkesbury Road is under construction. The Hospital is an easy 0.5 km/15minute walk from Westmead train station.
We can assist you to find local accommodation. Please call the Education Centre on (02) 9845 3566.
Limited parking is available at The Children’s Hospital at Westmead visitors’ car park (near the main entrance) or at Westmead Hospitals’ P4 visitors’ car park (near the University Clinics).
Fees are capped at $19.90 per day.