Management of facial burns workshop
To keep our patients safe, we have cancelled this event in line with COVID-19 advice.
If you have registered you will receive a refund.
Need more information?
Contact one of the organisers:
This 3-day workshop is presented by international burns experts Michael Serghiou and Jon Niszczak is limited to 27 participants to ensure hands-on practice and learning.
The workshop looks at the management of facial burns with transparent facial orthotic and techniques for specific treatment applications and is suited to practising clinicians.
- When: 4-6 April inclusive
- Where: The Children's Hospital at Westmead, Function Room, Level 1
- Cost: $500.00
Introduction – Use of the transparent face orthosis in burns and overview of the therapeutic interventions for the face including history to current practice and future implications.
- The molding process: Making a good first impression
- Molding demonstration: Taking the Negative Impression and Overview of Laser Scan impression
- Molding practice: Hands-on skills used to create the positive mold
- Preparing and sculpting the positive mold: The art of scar management
- Positive mold sculpting demo and practice: Hands-on skills
- Review of essential tools and devices
- Pulling the mask manually and vacuum
- Cutting trim lines
- Fit and contour the mask
- Harnessing system selection
- Technique skills inventory assessment
Reanimation and reintegration of facial movements
- Contact media
- Massage and exercise to restore facial movement and appearance
- Image enhancement
Specific skills to manage difficult contracture techniques station
- Eye management
- Ear management
- Nose management
- Lip / Mouth management