Courses | Training
NIDCAP training it is not done by individuals alone—its focus is on changing the systems in which we work.
We often get requests to complete the training at Grace Centre and while we'd love to have you on board, its important that NIDCAP training is completed with your department heads and all members of the multi-disciplinary team.
To get the most out of NIDCAP, trainees require time away from the clinical setting in order to complete the training components. There's also a cost involved and your department will need access to other resources so you can participate fully.
NIDCAP training consists of the following components:
- Comprehensive training for staff in infant behavioural observation
- Theoretical model and applications of the NIDCAP approach
- Direct observation in the NICU
- Site consultation and guidance with key leadership of the unit
- Quality Improvement and change management
Email us if your team is interested in undertaking NIDCAP Training.
See our courses
- Family and Infant Neurodevelopmental Education program (FINE) Level 1
- Family and Infant Neurodevelopmental Education Program (FINE) Level 2
Recognition of prior learning in post-graduate education
The FINE program (Level I and 2) has been submitted to postgraduate education providers for recognition of prior learning in postgraduate study. Additional information will be updated when it becomes available.
Australian Rural Scholarship program
To support learning in the non-metropolitan setting for health care professionals employed in the neonatal clinical area we are pleased to offer a Rural Scholarship Program.
Two rural scholarship positions will be offered for each FINE Level 1 program. The rural scholarship consists of covering the cost for the program registration.
Applicants must meet the following conditions:
- Must be an Australian resident
- Demonstrated employment as a health care professional in a neonatal or special care unit
- Live >100km from an identified metropolitan centre in their state (i.e. Sydney, Canberra, Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth, Brisbane, Darwin. All Tasmanians, regardless of location, are encouraged to apply under the terms of the scholarship).
Submit a Rural scholarship form with your FINE Level 1 program registration. But please note, an application does not necessarily guarantee a position.