Transition to adult health services
General Practitioners can help an adolescent and their family effectively manage the transition from children's health services to adult service. This can be a challenging time — the more prepared everyone is, the smoother the transition.
Trapeze is part of the Sydney Children's Hospital Network transition service.
Trapeze has a team who support young people to prepare for the transfer from paediatric to adult health care services and encourage increasing responsibility and engagement in their care. The team helps with:
- Developing stronger links with their GP or medical specialist;
- Face to face and telephone support;
- Facilitating care coordination;
- Health coaching;
- Navigating the health system, and;
- Ensuring they have entitlements and their own Medicare card.
Trapeze work closely with the Agency for Clinical Innovation Transition Care Coordinators to provide seamless care.
Like more information?
Email Trapeze or call on (02) 9382 5457
The Agency for Clinical Innovation (ACI) Transition Care Network provides comprehensive services to young people with chronic conditions in NSW.