GradStart 2020 program for registered nurses
GradStart provides newly-qualified registered nurses with valuable and varied experience for the first 12-months of your career.
For more information about GradStart, please contact Marguerite Cusack, Nurse Manager Workforce at Sydney Children’s Hospital, Randwick
- Phone: (02) 9382 1893
- Email: email@example.com
For more information about Undergraduate and Postgraduate Nursing, please contact Jennifer Goh, Nurse Educator
- Phone: (02) 9382 5723
- Hospital switch: (02) 9382 1111
- Pager number: 47463
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What does the GradStart program involve?
GradStart is designed to provide a valuable and varied experience in the first 12 months in the role of a registered nurse.
GradStart is designed to provide a valuable and varied experience in the first 12-months in the role of a registered nurse. Under the program, first-year registered nurses acquire experience and knowledge within a supportive environment, enabling them to become a professional, competent and effective paediatric health care practitioner.
The program teaches participants to apply theoretical knowledge to clinical practice in a supportive environment, whilst transitioning to the registered nurse role in a specialist paediatric hospital. Its focus is on delivering person-centred care to children and their families.
The Sydney Children’s Hospitals Network also offers first-year registered nurses opportunity to undertake their honours program while working as a first-year registered nurse.
Program participants will be employed on either a 12-month full-time or a 24-month part-time contract.
Please come and join us for a free information evening about paediatric nursing with the Sydney Children’s Hospitals Network.
Find out about our GradStart Program, hear from current program participants and staff with an opportunity to ask questions.
- Tuesday 28 May from 5pm-6.30pm
- Sydney Children’s Hospital, Randwick, Lecture Theatre, level 1, High Street Randwick
To RSVP, please email Emily-Rose Kennewell.
Dates to remember
- 1 July 2019 (9am) NaMO online recruitment applications open.
- 18 July 2019 (12 noon) Recruitment applications close.
- 26-29 August 2019 Interviews to be held at Sydney Children’s Hospitals Network.
- 28 October 2019 Offers of employment made.
Employment conditions and opportunities
- Participants on the GradStart program are employed by Sydney Children’s Hospitals Network as temporary, fulltime employees for 12 months.
- Honors program participants have the option to be employed on a part-time 0.8 FTE basis for 24 months.
- The GradStart participants will work a rotating roster, including mornings, evenings, night duty, weekends and public holidays.
- Once the program is complete, there is an opportunity to apply for permanent employment, where vacancies exist.
All participants must be eligible to apply and be granted their NSW Nurses Registration before commencing the program. Failure to meet this criterion will prevent the first-year registered nurse from applying for and commencing the program.