COVID Paediatric Literature Repository
These research papers have been sourced by a collaboration of SCHN researchers, librarians and staff.
For enquiries, please contact Trish Bennett, SCHN Medical Library Manager.
- Ph: (02) 9845 3617
- Mob: 0434559197
- Email: email@example.com
This repository is intended as a central portal for COVID-19 paediatric literature. This information does not constitute clinical advice.
Most full-text articles should be available via the ‘Read this paper’ link. If you need assistance in accessing articles contact your local Health Library.
Pages are updated regularly and revision logs are listed on each page. If you have resources to add please contact us.
Articles in the Spotlight
Myopericarditis after the Pfizer mRNA COVID-19 Vaccine in Adolescents.
- Authors: Schauer, J., et al.
- Citation: J Pediatr (2021). DOI: 10.1016/j.jpeds.2021.06.083
JCVI statement on COVID-19 vaccination of children and young people aged 12 to 17 years: 15 July 2021
Author: UK Dept. of health and Social Care
Delta variant: What is happening with transmission, hospital admissions, and restrictions
- Authors: Mahase, Elisabeth
- Citation: BMJ (2021); 373 doi: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.n1513
Deaths in Children and Young People in England following SARS-CoV-2 infection during the first pandemic year: a national study using linked mandatory child death reporting data.
- Authors: Smith C, Odd D, Harwood R, Ward J, Linney M, Clark M, Hargreaves D, Ladhani S, Draper E, Davis P, Kenny S.
- Citation: MedRXiv (2021). https://doi.org/10.21203/rs.3.rs-689684/v1
- Subjects: Clinical Disease;
Risk factors for severe COVID-19 in children.
- Authors: Graff K, Smith C, Silveira L, Jung S, Curran-Hays S, Jarjour J, Carpenter L, Pickard K, Mattiucci M, Fresia J, McFarland EJ.
- Citation: The Pediatric Infectious Disease Journal. 2021 Apr 1;40(4):e137-45.
Underlying Medical Conditions Associated With Severe COVID-19 Illness Among Children.
- Author: Kompaniyets, L., et al.
- Citation: JAMA Netw Open (2021). 4(6): e2111182. DOI: 10.1001/jamanetworkopen.2021.11182
- Subjects: Clinical Disease; Epidemiology;
Impact of COVID-19 on people with cystic fibrosis.
- Authors: Colombo C, Burgel PR, Gartner S, van Koningsbruggen-Rietschel S, Naehrlih L, Sermet-Gaudelus I, Southern KW.
- Citation: The Lancet Respiratory Medicine. 2020 May 1;8(5):e35-6.
Knowledge, Attitude, and Self-Reported Practice Towards Measures for Prevention of the Spread of COVID-19 Among Australians: A Nationwide Online Longitudinal Representative Survey.
- Author: Enticott, J., et al.
- Citation: Front Public Health (2021). 9: 630189. DOI: 10.3389/fpubh.2021.630189
- Subjects: Infection Control Prevention;
COVID-19-Lessons Learned and Questions Remaining.
- Author: Fang, F. C., et al.
- Citation: Clin Infect Dis (2021). 72(12): 2225-2240. DOI: 10.1093/cid/ciaa1654
- Subjects: Clinical Disease; Diagnosis; Epidemiology; Treatment
Key websites and resources
- AIHW - The first year of COVID-19 in Australia
- ANZCHOG - Updated advice for paediatric oncology and BMT patients during the COVID-19 pandemic
- ANZPID Interim guidelines for the clinical management of COVID-19 in children and adolescents - updated 15 May 2020.
- CIAP COVID-19 Resources
- ClinTrial Refer - COVID-19
- COVID-19 Critical Intelligence Unit - Daily Evidence Digests
- COVID-19 Delta variant in schools and early childhood education and care services in NSW, Australia: 16 June to 31 July 2021
- COVID-19 kids research evidence update (University of Melbourne)
- Don’t forget the Bubbles (Australian and International)
- National COVID-19 Clinical Evidence Taskforce
- NCIRS - COVID-19 vaccination - summary for immunisation professionals
- NCIRS - specialist immunisation services
- The Paediatric Active Enhanced Disease Surveillance (PAEDS) network
- Sydney Health Partners - COVID-19 News Wrap-up
- AAP Critical Updates on COVID-19
- Canadian Coronavirus Update – includes data of young people
- Child Trends - COVID-19 publications
- COVID-19 - guidance for paediatric services-Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health - UK
- LitCOVID – Curated PubMed Literature on COVID-19
- Red Book Online – COVID-19
- World Health Organization - Global Research on coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
- UK Dept. of Health and Social Care - JCVI statement on COVID-19 vaccination of children and young people aged 12 to 17 years: 15 July 2021