Volunteer at Bear Cottage
Bear Cottage volunteers are an integral part of the Bear Cottage team. They make a significant contribution to the home like environment and general well-being of the children and families in residence. You will be providing support for the children and their families through respite and end-of-life care.
We recruit volunteers at various times throughout the year.
We ask that our volunteers are flexible and willing to help out wherever a need arises within the house, this encompasses many diverse areas including:
- Working alongside the play therapist and nursing staff with activities for the patients and their siblings, such as play, craft, reading stories or taking them on outings
- Assisting staff with practical activities such as cooking, cleaning and gardening
- Taking visitors on tours of the house
- Speaking externally to community groups who support Bear Cottage
- Driving families to outings or appointments
- Walking our dog Beau
- Administrative assistance.
Like more information?
Email Jo Bilous, Volunteer Manager or call her on 02 9976 8337