Volunteer at Bear Cottage
Bear Cottage volunteers are an integral part of the Bear Cottage team. They make a significant contribution to the home-like environment and general well-being of the children and families in residence. You will support the children and their families through respite and end-of-life care.
We ask that our volunteers be flexible and willing to help out wherever a need arises within the house; this encompasses many diverse areas, including:
- Working alongside the play therapist and nursing staff with activities for the patients and their siblings, such as play, craft, reading stories or taking them on outings
- Assisting staff with practical activities such as cooking, cleaning and gardening
- Taking visitors on tours of the house
- Speaking externally to community groups who support Bear Cottage
- Driving families to outings or appointments
- Walking our dog Beau
- Administrative assistance.
Like more information?
We are not currently recruiting volunteers until early 2024. Please check back then or call 02 9976 8337.