Our health care plan for Aboriginal children and families focuses on integrated services ensuring children and families have a say in all decisions.
Acknowledgement of Country
Sydney Children’s Hospitals Network respectfully acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land in which our health facilities are located and the areas from which our patients reside. We pay our respects to the Elders, community members and the Aboriginal services and organisations who partner with us to improve health outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples in our Network.
Sydney Children’s Hospitals Network facilities are situated on the traditional lands of the Gadigal and Bidjigal people of the Eora nation in the east, and the Burramattagal people of the Dharug nation in the west.
Aboriginal Health Strategic Plan
Our priority for health care services for Aboriginal children and families is to provide access to high-quality services that are evidence-based, culturally safe and responsive and support optimum outcomes for child health, development and wellbeing.
We're focusing on integrated services to ensure children and families are at the centre and included in all aspects of decision-making.
The key elements of our SCHN Aboriginal Health Strategic Plan 2018-2021 include:
- Building services around a primary health care model
- Multi-disciplinary, collaborative team-based approach
- Well-resourced, highly-skilled, and culturally competent workforce
- Continuity of care
- Comprehensive, holistic assessment which ensures that children and their families are supported to access the range of services required to meet their needs and aspirations.
- This includes not only universal and targeted health services but comprehensive educational and social support services, tools, and other resources
- Flexible service delivery
- Place-based model (local or regional) for collaboration and integration of services
Where can I get more information?
Our Network Aboriginal Health Management Advisor Mick Scarcella can be reached by calling 0409 956 299 or emailing email@example.com.