It can be daunting for young patients – and their parents – when the time comes for them to move to the adult health system.
To support this next stage of care, Trapeze enables current and past patients (with a chronic condition) from the Sydney Children’s Hospital or The Children’s Hospital at Westmead to make a seamless transition to an adult based health care facility.
Trapeze is part of the Transition Care Network and provides a supported leap into adult care for patients aged 14-25. Staff are on hand to assist through:
- Developing stronger links with a GP or medical specialist;
- Face to face and telephone support;
- Facilitating care coordination;
- Health coaching;
- Navigating the health system, and;
- Making sure your child has entitlements and their own Medicare card.
Information and education are paramount to a successful transition. To learn more about Trapeze, visit www.trapeze.org.au.
Email Trapeze or call on 9382 5457
We're located in The Bright Alliance, Level 7, Centre for Adolescent and Young Adult Health, Corner of High and Avoca Street, Randwick.