Phone: (02) 9845 3011
Research Governance team members:
- Research Governance Manager: Dr Lucia Smith – (02) 9845 1272
- Research Governance Officer: Dr Geraldine Bicol – (02) 9845 3029
- Research Governance Officer: Dr Amelia Assareh – (02) 9845 3084
- Research Governance Support Officer: Meera Heidary – (02) 9845 3011
Research governance is defined as ‘the framework by which institutions, investigators and their managers share the responsibility and accountability for research conducted according to ethical principles, scientific, regulatory and professional standards and the principles of risk management’. (NSW Health Guidelines Research Governance in NSW Public Health Organisations GL2011_001)
Research conducted across the Sydney Children’s Hospitals Network (SCHN) must be conducted in accordance with applicable legislation and regulation including the NHMRC National Statement on Ethical Conduct in Human Research and The Australian Code for the Responsible Conduct of Research.
In addition to ethics approval, you will need Research Governance authorisation to commence a research project at any New South Wales Public Health Organisation site. This is called site specific authorisation.
The Research Governance Office offers education, advice and guidance to researchers on:
- Sponsorship arrangements for investigator and collaborative group driven clinical trials
- Insurance and Indemnity arrangements for researchers on SCHN campus and coverage for research activities
- Access to unapproved therapeutic products and TGA compliance
- Screening of non-SCHN employees for access to SCHN site for conducting research.
- Site Specific Authorisation
Please click here for the Research Governance Invoice Authorisation Form
|Type of Application LNRSSA or SSA||Support / Funding||Fee (GST Inclusive)|
|Research Project||Full Industry Funding||$3740|
|Research Project||Investigator Initiated with Industry Funding||0.5% of total (funding) contract value up to $3740|
|Research Project||Collaborative group funded or sponsored studies||$165|
|Investigator or Student Research Project||Investigator initiated or student project without an external funding source or competitive internal funding source||$0|