Phone: (02) 9845 3011
Research Governance team members:
- Research Governance Manager: Dr Lucia Smith – (02) 9845 1272
- Research Quality Manager: Anthea Ng - (02) 9845 1476
- Research Governance Officer: Meera Heidary - (02) 9845 1448
- Research Governance Officer: Will Ward – (02) 9845 3029
- Research Governance Officer: Priya Kumar - (02) 9845 3011
- Research Governance Support Officer: Allison Mathey – (02) 9845 3011
SCHN Clinical Trial Sponsorship Requests
If you are planning to conduct a clinical trial where you need SCHN to be Sponsor, please email your request to SCHNfirstname.lastname@example.org
- CLINICAL TRIALS - SCHN SPONSORSHIP POLICY
- Early Phase Clinical Trials - SCHN Sponsorship Application Form
- Non-Early Phase Clinical Trials – SCHN Sponsorship Application Form
- SCHN Sponsorship Risk Assessment Template
- SCHN Delegation of Responsibilities Agreement Template
- SCHN Clinical Trial Sponsorship FAQs
National Clinical Trials Governance Framework
From 31 May 2023, all health service organisations conducting clinical trials will be assessed against the National Clinical Trials Governance Framework.
These assessments will be aligned to the National Safety and Quality Health Service (NSQHS) Standards usual accreditation surveys. SCHN can expect to be assessed under the Short Notice Accreditation Assessment Program (SNAAP) from July 2023.
To ensure a seamless and uniform approach to clinical trials accreditation preparation across SCHN, please contact the SCHN Research Quality Manager (SCHN-Governance@health.nsw.gov.au), to organise an information session within your Department and coordinate the collection of clinical trial information required for accreditation.
COVID-19: Guidance for Researchers & Sponsors
Please find below guidance from the NSW Office for Health and Medical Research (OHMR) and the Commonwealth Department of Health for conducting clinical trials and other relevant clinical research affected by the COVID-19 situation.
NSW OHMR Guidance: https://www.medicalresearch.nsw.gov.au/covid-19-clinical-trial-guidance/
The Commonwealth Department of Health Guidance: https://www1.health.gov.au/internet/main/publishing.nsf/Content/Clinical...
Please note that the SCHN Research Ethics and Research Governance Offices will operate based on these guidelines.
Please also note that we are prioritising applications and correspondence related to COVID-19 that are critical to patient safety. We endeavour to manage all other applications and correspondence as per standard timelines; however there may be some delays depending on volume.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.