Become a volunteer
Sydney Children’s Hospital, Randwick and The Children’s Hospital at Westmead offer many different volunteer opportunities for people in the community who want to generously give some of their time and energy to help others.
Across the Network, more than 600 volunteers work in partnership with staff to provide support and comfort to some of the State’s sickest children and their families.
To protect the health and safety of our patients, all prospective volunteers must satisfy the following criteria:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Complete a volunteer application
- Have a cleared National Criminal Record Check (this check is undertaken by the Hospitals before a volunteer commences - there is no charge to the volunteer to have this check completed)
- Have a cleared Working with Children Check (there is no charge to the volunteer to have this check completed).
If volunteering directly with children, volunteers must have current immunity status for:
- Covid Booster
- Flu Vax
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella
- Varicella (Chickenpox)
- Pertussis (Whooping Cough)
- Hepatitis B.
Any tests or immunisations that a volunteer may need to have to comply with this policy are at their own expense.