My Health Memory app
The My Health Memory app is a tool for you to use to manage health care for yourself and others.
Contact the My Health Memory team during business hours via email SCHN-MyHealthMemory@health.nsw.gov.au
The team will aim to answer any queries within two working days.
The App helps manage and inform you about your healthcare journey at the Sydney Children’s Hospitals Network. It allows you to organise appointments and hospital documents in one place as well as add your health information. Secure messaging can be utilised to communicate with some care teams.
- For more information, read the MHM brochure.
Don’t confuse My Health Memory with My Health Record.
- My Health Memory is an app used by Sydney Children’s Hospitals Network for communication between care teams and patients and their families.
- My Health Record is Australia's national digital health record platform managed by the Australian Digital Health Agency. It is not connected to My Health Memory.
Download and activate the Cartula Health app
You must have a network connection to download and verify the app on your smartphone.
Downloading the app allows you to save your information to the App, however you/your child need to be registered to SCHN receive future documents, appointments and messages.
- Download the My Health Memory (by Cartula) app.
- When you come into any of our SCHN facilities, you will be asked if you/your child want to register.
- Once you register, you'll receive an SMS with instructions on how to connect to SCHN.
- Follow the instructions provided in the SMS.
- An email with more information about the MHM App has also been sent you.
- Follow the app User Guide for the set-up and further instructions.
Frequently asked questions
Where can I use My Health Memory?
The app is available to everybody by downloading it for free from the application stores. Family members can be added to the app to track and manage their health information.
Families and patients presenting to SCHN facilities:
- Westmead Children’s Hospital, Westmead
- Sydney Children's Hospital, Randwick
- Bear Cottage
How do I register with SCHN?
- For you or your child to receive documents, appointments and messages, you or your child need to be registered as a patient of SCHN.
- When presenting to any of our SCHN facilities, you will be asked if you/your child want to register.
- Once registered, you will receive an SMS and email with instructions on how to connect.
- See the instructions on how to register.
How do I receive Push Notifications?
- Push notifications are reminders to alert you about events, such as upcoming appointments or incoming messages.
- The first time you log in, you are asked for permission to receive push notifications.
- If you give permission, you are notified with an alert. Alerts are shown on the smartphone’s home screen.
- When a push notification is tapped, it opens the My Health Memory App.
- After you enter your PIN, the app opens the area relevant to the alert (e.g. appointments)
Can SCHN contact me through the app?
- The Cartula Health App has a message centre called Messaging, which you can select from the home screen.
- This is where you see all your contact with your clinical team.
- All contact is initiated and stopped by the clinical teams at SCHN.
- Teams utilise this feature differently; please ask your care team if you'd like them to use the app for messaging.
What happens if I lose my phone?
- All information is stored on your phone.
- Regular backups in the app are highly recommended. See User Guide.
- The information can be retrieved from the backup on your new phone.
- Without a backup, the information you have added will be lost.
- Information sent from SCHN will appear once you/your child has connected again on the new phone.