Help us name our cranes!
Calling patients, siblings and community members of Sydney Children’s Hospital, Randwick to help name our cranes for the $658 million redevelopment project. Exciting prizes are up for grabs including two Apple iPads and LEGO kits!
We need your help naming two tower cranes for our new hospital. All you need to do is share your suggested crane name and either tell us in up to 25 words why you’ve chosen that name or show us your artistic talent and draw your crane or a construction site.
Submit your completed entry form via email to: SCHN-Redev@health.nsw.gov.au or in person to the Public Relations office on Level 0 at Sydney Children’s Hospital, Randwick by 5pm Wednesday 31 May 2023.
A winning name will be selected for each crane and displayed on a flag for all the community to see.
Other prizes include:
- Apple iPads for the two naming winners
- Lego kits will be given to the first 30 entries received via email
- Up to 30 of the most colourful and creative construction site drawings will also be selected to be on permanent display on the construction site
Terms and Conditions
By entering the Name the Cranes Competition (the Competition), an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The purpose of the Competition is to name the two tower cranes on the Sydney Children’s Hospital Stage 1 and Minderoo Children’s Comprehensive Cancer Centre redevelopment site.
- Entries are open to children up to 18 years of age who are Sydney Children’s Hospital, Randwick patients or their siblings, as well as children of staff from the hospital and the redevelopment project.
- The Competition is being run by Sydney Children's Hospitals Network, Health Infrastructure and John Holland Group.
- The Competition closes at 5pm on Wednesday 31 May 2023.
- Winners of the Competition will be notified by telephone and/or email within 21 days of the closing date.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- Entry forms can be downloaded from the Randwick Campus Redevelopment website or Sydney Children’s Hospitals Network website.
- To enter the Competition, entrants must suggest a name for one of the tower cranes on the SCH1/MCCCC Redevelopment site and either a) tell us in 25 words or less why that name has been chosen OR b) demonstrate the suggested name by drawing and colouring-in a crane and/or construction site. Entrants must complete all personal details as required on the entry form, including suggested crane name along with entrant’s full name and age, email address and mobile number. The entry form must be signed by a parent/guardian granting permission to enter and have entrant’s name and age details published if the entry is chosen as a winner.
- Entrants must submit their completed entry form via email to: SCHN-Redev@health.nsw.gov.au or in person to the Public Relations office on Level0 at Sydney Children’s Hospital, Randwick by 5pm Wednesday 31 May 2023.
- Entrants may submit up to two entries (two crane names) on separate entry forms.
- Prizes include the opportunity to:
name a tower crane
have that name displayed on a flag that will hang from the crane
have their drawing displayed in a permanent location on the SCH1/MCCCC redevelopment site
attend an official crane naming ceremony (date to be confirmed)
receive prizes as outlined below.
- The Competition prize pool includes:
two crane name winners – iPad
first 30 entries received via email – Lego kit
- The entry must be the entrant’s own original work and not be copied from any other work.
- Each entry is the property of SCHN and it has no obligation to return any entry to an entrant.
- Judging will be conducted by a four-member panel including representatives of Sydney Children’s Hospitals Network, John Holland Group, Health Infrastructure and Children’s Cancer Institute.
- Entries will be judged on the creativity of the crane name and supporting description and/or drawing. The judging panel’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Entries which are incomplete, incorrect, offensive, non-serious, incomprehensible or do not include contact details will be ruled ineligible.
- Any personal data relating to winners, or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998 and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- The entrants and subsequent winners consent to the announcement and promotion of the winning entrant’s photo, name and age in all media channels, including social media. Collection of all prizes (iPads and Lego kits) will be from Sydney Children's Hospital, Randwick redevelopment site.
- Any transport costs associated with attendance at the official crane naming ceremony at the SCH1/MCCCC project site (Randwick) are the winner’s responsibility.